Thursday, 8 October 2026

Today's thought - 08 October 2026 (Steps to His heart)

 


How are you, my friend? I always say that I wish I could give you ten steps to follow to success or maybe a secret method to success or maybe a hidden treasure somewhere that we could find and just retire. Hahaha, that has a nice ring to it and surely a nice dream. I guess we all feel from time to time that we could just take a month off or a year off and just travel or I think, in my case, just sleep.

My verse today comes from Psalm 17:6, “I am praying to you because I know you will answer, O God. Bend down and listen as I pray”. So, what am I saying? God will answer, yes, He will. If we look at David’s life and he made a few huge mistakes but as I said before, David had a heart that loved God and a heart that seek God all the time. Yes, he fell and made a terrible mistake, but he turned back to God seeking Him first and repented for his mistakes.

God has an amazing way to show His love and His hand at work. I have been bringing food to the guys on the street for almost two years now. I see them come and go and see them stuck in the same bondage and see them seeking and I see them giving up and see them die. Last week one of the guys just started thanking me for coming every week and he said that with my obedience he started to attend a church close by and now he is changing his life. He gave up the drugs and started to serve in the church. He reads his Bible and you can see a massive change in character. This is God at work, and I must say I was a bit overwhelmed last week and today to hear his testimony and to see how amazing grace truly is.

Here I am the least in God’s kingdom and I have the privilege to speak into the lives of men that the world has forgotten and to see how God loves His children. To see how God touches lives and break strongholds and set captives free. It remains a process, but with God all things are possible.

I am just so grateful for one life saved that I would rejoice along the angels as God continues to do miracle after miracle here in the centre of Pretoria. In the centre of the enemy's playing ground for He who is in me, is far greater than he who is in this world.

I do not care if the enemy takes everything from me, I will always worship my Father and glorify His name. I will not stop.

So, what are those steps if any. Well, I guess it starts with seek God above all else, then I guess it is obedience to His Word and His call, and then I guess it is meditating on His Word Day and night and then, well I guess it must be praying and walking in a close relationship with Him.

God hears our prayers, because these miracles are me praying for these guys and God moving through my faith. It is not me or me being some sort of prophet. No, it is me just doing what Jesus said in Matthew 13:34, “A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another”.

It is not me wanting praise of rewards, it is me going out in love and to see change because change starts with each one of us. We are the hands and feet of Jesus and He said that we should go into this world and share the gospel. Into this world is not in another town, or city or country. It can be next door, across the street or the person sitting next to you on the bus.

What is stopping you? God is with you in your battles. Let God deal with that and just trust Him, but this should not stop you from sharing His love with someone else, even if it is just a cup of coffee.

Have an awesome day, my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.