Tuesday, 18 August 2026

Today's thought - 18 August 2026 (Getting back up)

 


Why am I writing to you? I think my heart towards you is to encourage you and to uplift you so that you and I can stay in the fight. So, we can face each day and overcome the challenges we face. So, at the end we will stand victorious and receive the prize of eternity with our Lord and savior.

I have written before that I do not take this privilege lightly and that it is an honor to walk with you and to journey through life and the battles we face together with you. I love you, my friend and it is an honor to share the Gospel with you. Yesterday I wrote to you about living water that will flow from within in you.

Today Romans 1:16-17 I so my heart. “For I am not ashamed of this Good News about Christ. It is the power of God at work, saving everyone who believes - the Jew first and also the Gentile. This Good News tells us how God makes us right in his sight. This is accomplished from start to finish by faith. As the Scriptures say, it is through faith that a righteous person has life.”

Oh, I love this. My friend, I am not ashamed of the good news of our Lord Jesus Christ and the work upon the cross. Neither should you and we should work to plunder hell and populate heaven. I know as I said yesterday, it is hard sometimes to be nice to someone who you do not like, let alone share the gospel with that person.

I see my days as a ladder or a staircase. Sometimes we are on top of the staircase and we are ready to take on the world and sometimes we fall off and we are back at step one. The good news is that Jesus is right there with you. He is like your greatest fan cheering you on. He is your coach shouting, you got this. He is your trainer telling you, take one step at a time. He is your manger telling you I am waiting for you on the first level, I know you can do this. He is your friend picking you up when you are injured so that you can recover and get back on your feet. He is your doctor that touches your hurt and your pain with His amazing grace and heals you so that you can get back into the fight.

My friend, getting back up seems hard sometimes and sometimes it feels impossible and sometimes it feels not worth the time and the effort. I am telling you that to get up again when you are knocked down or when you failed or when you fell is the best thing you can do. It does not just put you back in the run, it builds character and that is the enemy’s greatest fear. Because when you and I get back up and we stand to face another blow we gain wisdom and knowledge and experience and we grow in our fight. This means that every time you stand back up you are one step closer to finishing the race. One step closer to your goal. One step closer to your purpose and one step closer to save another life and to stop the enemy’s lies.

My dear friend, as the scriptures say, it is through faith that a righteous person has life, and life in abundance. Come with me as we get back up and face our day filled with Holy Spirit power. Say this out load: “I can do all things through Jesus Christ who strengthens me and no weapon formed against me shall prosper”.

Have an awesome day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.