Wednesday, 19 August 2026

Today's thought - 19 August 2026 (That's not very Christian)

 

Our church teaches us that to reach the lost at any cost we should SHARE our story. Now SHARE means basically S – See the need of a person, H - hear the call for help or cry for help or just listen, A – Act on this by accepting, caring, giving time and serving as Jesus did, R – Reveal the gospel and finally E – Engage where we invite them to church.

Now as I journey through this course, I am overwhelmed by the thoughts I have over people and the words I say. You see I am going through this massive battle for my daughter against my ex-wife and I find myself often saying that there must be something wrong or how could someone do something like this or I get angry at the system because it seems to never end. Then there are people I work with that causes equal frustration and finally I think “Whoa! that is not very Christian of me and how am I going to reach people if they annoy me even before I started.”

This morning the Lord took me to Psalm 126 and 127. This is interesting and I guess quite profound. The Lord says, “Unless the LORD builds a house, the work of the builders is wasted” verse one, “It is useless for you to work so hard from early morning until late at night, anxiously working for food to eat; for God gives rest to his loved ones” Psalm 127:2.

Then Psalm 126:5, “Those who plant in tears will harvest with shouts of joy”.

Ok so there is an entire sermon in these verses, but what is important to remember is that in everything we do, we plant the seed and we water the seed. We basically have to do our best to implement Biblical principles in our day to day walk and this waters the seed we plant. The way we live for Jesus and God will produce the harvest.

So, again God says to me. You do the difficult and He will do the impossible. This is why He says we may sow in tears, but we will surely reap with joy.  You see it is hard or anyway it is hard for me to not get upset at the unfairness I see, or the things people get away with, but at the same time I need to understand exactly what the cross meant for them and me and you.

The hard part is to remove “self” from the equation and to allow God to touch our hearts and change our hearts. Jesus did not judge. He did through point out the flaws in the religion of the priests and pharisees. In essence Jesus taught the truth and ultimately that is to what we should strive to do to.

What am I trying to say? Well, I guess I am trying to say that nothing that is worth your time and effort is instant. It is the process that aligns us and touches others. It is in our trust of the seedtime and harvest principle that we change the world around us. Our circle of influence. Our family, friends and colleagues. The people we deal with regularly. Sharing your testimony or the Gospel in not a magic wand, but a process of trust and faith and understanding. It is God’s heart when we want to give up, it is God’s Word when we want to run away, it is God’s comfort when we cannot get up. It is simply allowing yourself to be still so that God can guide you. In other words, less of us and more of the Holy Spirit.

Ok, so let us go out into this day and share our testimonies. Our love, our faith and kindness to serve the lost and save one more life for the kingdom of God. And at the same time stepping back and allowing God to be our compass and our guide and seeking His way and His will in our own lives so that we will flourish in everything we do.

Have an awesome day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.