Thursday, 20 August 2026

Today's thought - 20 August 2026 (How does it work)

 


The taller the tree the deeper the roots. Today I want to talk to you and me about fruit. Yes, you are right. Grapes, apples, strawberries, peaches and oranges. How much can you carry at the same time and how much of these do you grow all by yourself. Sorry, I am being silly today.

Jesus said in John 15:4, “Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me”.

I find myself questioning my fruit. You see each day we face challenges and obstacles and temptations and some I can successful overcome but with some I fail miserably. I can succeed at not getting angry in traffic, but when I get to the office I am annoyed by some of my colleagues. I can do my work to the best of my ability, but I fail when I am overwhelmed and then I struggle. Some temptations I can bear and other make me fall.

So, it is a roller coaster ride of emotions and battles that leaves me to question my fruit and if I am worthy of my purpose and that is do share the gospel and to help people.

How can I reach my circle of influence if I am annoyed with them or judgmental. The answer lies in the word “Abide”.

The word abide is a verb that means to accept, obey, endure, or stay in a place. It has a few different meanings depending on how you use it in a sentence. Abide by: To obey or follow a rule, law, or decision.

In the Bible, abide means to stay, remain, or dwell in a close, ongoing relationship with God. It describes a permanent, life-giving connection rather than a temporary visit. The most famous picture of this is Jesus calling Himself the vine and His followers the branches, showing that life and spiritual growth flow only from staying attached to Him.

So, what did Jesus mean when He said abide in me. It boils down to the next verse, “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing”.

Jesus simply says that on your own you will fail. But with Him (abiding) you will succeed. Connecting to Him and surrendering completely you will bear fruit. Trusting Him and implementing His principles will help but most important connecting, walking and building an intimate relationship with the Holy Spirit will give you more success.

Jesus said, “By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples”.

The He added, “These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full”.

 This is why this is so important. Not only will you glorify the Father, but you will be filled with joy.

So, come with me today, my friend, and let us plug into the Lord and abide in Him as much as we can, so that we will bear fruit in all areas of our lives and touch lives and live with abundant life. Paul wrote and I remind you again, Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen”.

Have an awesome day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.