How are you,
my friend? I do hope you had a great weekend, and you are well rested. Sometimes
we wake up and it feels like we are not ready for this day. It feels like you
should have slept more or you feel you must just stay in bed.
This morning
I am reading Psalm 42 and verse one is just one of my favorites. “As the
deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God”.
So, my
question on this wonderful and blessed Monday is, “How hungry are you for Jesus
Christ”.
Paul writes
in Ephesians 4:17-19, “This I say, therefore, and testify in the Lord,
that you should no longer walk as the rest of the Gentiles walk, in the
futility of their mind, having their understanding darkened, being alienated
from the life of God, because of the ignorance that is in them, because of the
blindness of their heart; who, being past feeling, have given themselves over
to lewdness, to work all uncleanness with greediness”.
Paul continues and says that we should put away or rather let
go of the “old man”. Our past self, the one who is corrupt by the needs and
wants of the world. He says we should be renewed in the spirit of our minds. In
other words, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. So, that we can
put on the new man, the new life we have in Jesus Christ.
Every day has its own challenges, and I have written to you
before that you should not worry about tomorrow but as Jesus said focus on
today. Jesus said that worry will not add one thing to your life, and we know
that we should not be anxious about anything but rather pray about everything.
Jesus said our Farther knows what we need. He knows our sorrows and He knows
what we need.
We read in
James 5:16, “The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails
much.”
Now back to my verse in Psalm 42. As the deer longs for and
desires the cold steams in the mountain, so should we desire the warmth and love
of our Father. The infilling of the Holy Spirit and the power of our Lord. We should
desire Him more and desire an intimate relationship with Him. We should fully
let go of the old man and embrace the new man. This comes from fervent prayer.
A fervent prayer is a passionate, deeply sincere, and heartfelt request made to
God with intense focus and genuine emotion. And I want to add with persistence.
My dear friend, this is vital to our day-to-day battles and
something you should never neglect or stop. It is so important that we abide in
Jesus and He in us and I can not emphasise this more. I can’t make it through a
day if I did not start my day in prayer and reading the Bible. I feel so much
closer to the Lord, and I hear the Holy Spirit much clearer as I draw nearer
and deeper to the Lord. We have to understand what Jesus said when He said that
without Him, we can do nothing and with Him we can do anything.
My prayer
for you today is this. I pray that you will feel the presence of the Holy
Spirit in your prayer time and that you will have an encounter with Him every
time. I pray that you will be filled with His power and strength and that He
will bless you and enlarge your territory. I pray that God’s hand will be upon
you and that no evil will come near you, in the mighty name of our Lord Jesus
Christ.
Have an awesome day.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.