It is September
and September in South Africa means it is springtime. Warmer weather and sunny
days. With summer comes rain and with rain you will see our country transform into
one of the most beautiful places on our planet.
What does seasonal
change mean to you and me as followers of our Lord Jesus Christ. Well for one it
means one is over and new one will start. I guess that one was a brain teaser, but
what does it really mean.
In Christianity, seasonal change symbolizes God's absolute
sovereignty, His unchanging faithfulness, and the cyclical rhythm of spiritual
life and human experience. The regular cycle of nature is highlighted in passages
like Genesis 8:22 that we have been looking at in the last weeks (seedtime and
harvest) and reminds of God’s promise and the order He created.
God is also sovereign over time. Psalm 74:17 says, “You have
set all the borders of the earth; You have made summer and winter”. Thus, God
controls both physical earth and times of change and seasons in our lives.
Metaphorical seasons for example are Spring (New
beginnings), Summer (Abundance), Autumn/Fall (Transition or letting go) and
Winter (Waiting and rest). Our seasons can happen more often than those of nature
or they can take longer.
What season do you think you are in right now? I feel like
the Lord is saying Isaiah 43:19, “Behold, I will do a new thing, now it shall
spring forth; Shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness and rivers
in the desert”.
I believe my season of autumn and winter is over, and I am stepping
into a season of spring. My summer is around the corner and all that I currently
battle with, will come to an end.
My dear friend, Jesus said in Mark 9:23, “If you can
believe, all things are possible to him who believes.” I believe
that God is moving in my life but also in your life and we are going to walk
into a season of abundance. I believe that through this God will touch many
lives and many will be saved. I believe that anything is possible for God and
we must step up now and do the difficult and God will do the impossible. I believe
that like Joseph, God will take all that was intended for evil and turn it around
for good and so He will save many and through this He will be glorified over
all the earth.
My dear friend we serve a big and awesome God. Jesus said to
His disciples in Mark 9:19, “O faithless generation, how long shall I be with
you? How long shall I bear with you? Bring him to Me.”
Jesus also says in John 15:7, “If you abide in Me, and My
words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for
you”.
My friend, all it requires is faith the size of a mustard
seed. Come with me as we step in and step up and believe this promise. If we abide
(stay connected, read our Bible, pray often) in our Lord then anything is
possible. Ask it, believe it and go.
Do not let the seasons that are past (behind) you impact the
promise of the seasons ahead of you. All things and that is all things are possible
with God.
Have an awesome day.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.