How are you
my friend? I hope you are well and that you are staying in the fight. There is
so much in John 9 that I would like to look at, but I am going to stop at verse
3 for today, Jesus answered, “Neither this man nor his parents
sinned, but that the works of God should be revealed in him”.
So, the disciples wanted to know why this man was blind. What
sin did he or his parents do so that he was born blind.
Let me rephrase
that. So, what sin did you do in your life that caused these things to happen
to you? What did you do wrong and what did your father do so that this curse or
this tribulation may befall you?
I love
Jesus’s answer. He basically said that neither he or his parent’s sin was the
cause, but rather this battle or this challenge was given to him so that the
works of God can be revealed.
Ok, so that
is not what we would like to hear, but that is why we have tribulations and why
we face impossible trials, so that God can be revealed and glorified and the
world can see the love of our Father.
There are
two things that the Holy Spirit points out to me with this scripture. One we
should not judge, and we should steer clear of gossip and judgment and
assumptions. Now I personally fail this test daily, so it is a reminder to me
that I should not look to this world for answers but to God. I should not get
angry at this world but seek God’s wisdom and His guidance in my battles. I should
not assume but rather walk with the Holy Spirit so that I can get insight into
what lies ahead.
Secondly,
we should trust God that the process is designed for us, because we will not be
tempted above our abilities and even in our trials God will make a way. He will
make a road in our wilderness and streams of living water will flow from our tribulation
into the lives of others. So, as hard as it is, your battle and my battle are
not for us alone but for many around us. Therefore, the Holy Spirit reminds me
that a humble and trusting heart will accomplish more than anger. We must stand
up for what is right, but right within God’s perspective and that which the
Holy Spirit places on our hearts.
So, do not
be a walk over but handle all conflict with humility and confidence in the
words that the Holy Spirit tells you to use. We must defend our faith, but we
must also walk in faith. Be an ear that listens and a voice that guides. Be a
heart that understands and a friend that will show people their faults. Be a
witness for Jesus and live a life that resembles that.
So, as the
blind man received his sight, I pray that the Holy Spirit will give you insight
in your battles and that you will stand firm and strong in whatever you face. I
pray that you will receive supernatural peace and favor in your battles and
that our Lord Jesus will be visible in everything you do. In the mighty name of
our Lord Jesus.
Have an awesome day, my friend.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.