How are you, my friend? I hope you are well on your way to
defeat all temptations in your life. I want to talk to you about power. We read
in Judges 14:6 that a young lion attacked Samson, and it says, “The Spirit of
the LORD came mightily upon him”. The result is that Samson killed the lion with
his bare hands, ripping it apart as if it was a young goat.
This is actually remarkable, but you can also do it. Ok, I know
you now have this image in your head with this lion that is running towards you
ready to devour you and instead of steading yourself to fight it, you turned
around and are heading for the nearest tree.
Yes, that is all of us. When you meet the king of the jungle
here in Africa, you will have second thoughts on taking him on in his turf.
Now let me explain my statement, “You can also do it”. If
you look back at what I wrote I said that the lion is ready to devour you. We read
in 1 Peter 5:8, “Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil
walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour”.
In Samson’s example the young lion is the enemy that came
against him. We read that the Spirit of the Lord came upon him and he killed
(defeated) the lion easily. In other words, the enemy (satan) is like a young
lion walking about ready to destroy you, but with the Holy Spirit you will
receive power and this power will allow you to destroy (resist) the enemy.
We read in James 4:7, “Therefore submit to God. Resist the
devil and he will flee from you”. Now please note that it does not start with, “Resist
the enemy and he will flee from you” as many misquote it. It starts distinctly
with, “Submit to God” first and then resist the enemy. Why? Oooo I am glad you
asked.
Acts 1:8 says, “But you shall receive power when the Holy
Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem,
and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”
Ok, let me rephrase. Submit to God is surrendering totally
to God and walking with Him in a close relationship. It means that you read your
Bible every day, pray every day, go to your small groups or homecells and go to
church. It means that you live a life that is hungry for God and for more of His
presence. Then you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit fills you and dwells
in you. This is the same power that Samson received that made him destroy the lion
and this is the same power that will allow you to resist the enemy and step
into your purpose aaaaaaaaaand overcome all that comes against you.
I want to say, I greed you mighty warrior of God. My friend,
I have said it so many times that there is more to you than meets the eye. You are
a mighty warrior, believe it, because God does.
Have an awesome day.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.