How are you my friend? I do hope you are well and that you
will have a great day. I want to talk to you about purpose, because at some point
in our lives we need to understand that God has a plan and a purpose with each
one of us. We have a calling and we have a purpose. Our calling is our work or business,
and our purpose is in the work we do for God. We read in Jeremiah 1:5, “I knew
you before I formed you in your mother’s womb. Before you were born, I set you apart and appointed you as my prophet to the
nations.”
What is purpose? Purpose means the reason for which
something is done, created, or exists, or an intended goal that guides an
action. Samson was born with purpose. In Judges 13:5 we read, “For behold, you
shall conceive and bear a son. And no razor shall come upon his head, for the
child shall be a Nazirite to God from the womb; and he shall begin to deliver
Israel out of the hand of the Philistines.”
Alright, before I get ahead of myself let's start with
Jeremiah. God says He knew you before you were born. Before you were formed in you
mother’s womb. Now this is very important stuff. You see God planned you, even
if your parents did not. Even if the circumstances of your birth were not
natural or as they say an accident. Yes, it requires a man and a woman for the two
types of cells to combine, but the actual creation of the person you are today
was by God’s hand. His work as He formed you. So, yes, you are a miracle and a
winner because you won your first race against all the other millions of cells
that competed for the victory in that moment.
Now just as the angel told Samson’s parents what his purpose
was going to be, God installs in you a purpose that He has already seen before you
were conceived.
Plus, to make that purpose more achievable He gave His only
son, Jesus Christ, to die for us while we were sinners. So, He died knowing you
will be born and knowing that your sin was on Him as He was nailed to that
cross.
Ok, so it might be a bit much to process in one day, but
what I need you to understand, and I need you to speak this out load – “I am
not a mistake. I am a child of God. I am designed and formed by His hands. I am
perfect and I am blessed”.
Now, you could sit there and think, yes but Samson had all
this strength, and He was so strong and feared. No, wrong, I am telling you
that there is nothing that was given to Samson, that you do not have. Why? I am
glad you asked. You see the same God that created Samson, is the same God that created
you and… BIG AND… the same power that came on Samson and gave him the ability
to defeat his enemies is the same power that is in you and that will give you
the ability, wisdom and strength to defeat your enemies and overcome your
battles.
As Psalm 139:14 states – “I am fearfully and wonderfully
made”. Fearfully means to not be scared like Psalm 23 says even when I walk
through the valley of death, I will fear nothing. Wonderfully means that you are
set apart and unique. It means you are valuable to God and each one of us are made
with a purpose and a plan.
Yes, you are perfect and yes, you have purpose.
Have an awesome day, my friend.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.