Thursday, 10 September 2026

Today's thought - 10 September 2026 (As for me)

 


How are you, my friend? I just want to say again that I do not take writing to you lightly and I follow the Holy Spirit and His guidance when I write my blog. It is a privilege to share God’s Word and the thoughts He places on my heart with you. I am honored to be able to write this, and I am grateful for this gift and this responsibility that God gave me.

The Holy Spirit guided me to Job 5 today and I guess it must be because I am so tired the last couple of days. I don’t know how you are doing but I am exhausted and reading Job and just taking it all to the Lord just gave me that peace again. You know when Paul writes and He says take all to God in prayer and His peace that surpasses all understanding will flow through you. Jip, that peace.

My verse is from Job 5:8-9 and I have to give a bit of context here. It contains the continuation of the first speech by Eliphaz the Temanite, one of Job's friends, as he responds to Job's deep despair and suffering. 

Now he says wrath (resentment) kills a foolish man and envy (jealousy) slays (kills) the simple. It is important that we understand he argues that God’s punishment is for sin, yet God does allow things into our lives to realign us and to prepare us for what lies ahead and sometimes God will chastise us as a good father does, but in Job’s case we know that the reason for his troubles was not a result of a hidden wrong he did.

But what is said and this is what God again places in my heart are what is said in verse 8, “But as for me, I would seek God”. This is vital and he goes on and say that God gives rain to the earth and water to the fields, and He saves us from the wicked and He will deliver us from our troubles.

This kind off ties to what Jesus said when He said look at the birds and the flowers. Do not worry for our Father knows what you need and as I have written before Jesus goes on and say but seek first the kingdom of heaven.

So, what is God saying today. Well, I am glad you asked. You see God is saying that nothing happens without cause and that He has everything in His hands. He’s got you and all that you are going through each day safely in His hands. He knows your sorrow and your suffering, and He will deliver you from it. Yes, it may be tough today but as we continue to seek Him, He will deliver us. Just stand up one more time. Fight one more day. Try one more time. There is power in the name of Jesus and there is power in your words.

I said yesterday, as God was with Moses so is He with you and everywhere your foot will step God will give victory. It is in our faith, because we walk by faith, and in our obedience, because we obey His Word and His guidance, and in our trust in Him that we will see this mountain move. We will see this storm become silent and we will walk fearlessly through this valley.

Jesus said, I am the way, the truth and the life. In Him we find our strength to go on. Remember Jesus did not carry His cross halfway and gave up. He carried it all the way to the top and yes, Simon helped. In the same way you will receive help whether it is people of angels and finally Jesus went to the cross and gave His life and in this sacrifice, He changed everything. In the same way when we continue through our battles all the way to the end, we will see all things change and work out for good.

My fear friend, I pray that God will bless you and increase you. I pray that His hand will be upon you and that no evil will come near you. In the mighty name of Jesus Christ.

Have an awesome day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.