Tuesday, 8 September 2026

Today's thought - 08 September 2026 (Always try to be good)

 


How are you, my friend? As the days basically fly by and we are beginning to approach the end of the year we are tired and exhausted from what has been a busy year. I do not know what your year looked like, but I can only assume you have seen your fair share of challenges and may still be going through bigger or like me the same trial.

We are reading 1 Peter 2 and the verse the Holy Spirit pointed me to is verse 21, “For God called you to do good, even if it means suffering, just as Christ suffered for you. He is your example, and you must follow in his steps (NLT)”.

To be honest at this time of the year there are people I would prefer like my tea. In a bag and under water. Haha, sorry I am just kidding, but in our battles, it can be very hard to do the “do good” part as Peter writes here.

He basically says in verse 19 that God is pleased with those who endure unjust treatment or tribulation while being constantly conscious of God’s will. In other words, while you are facing all these troubles and trials you are constantly seeking God and the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

I know it is not easy and I know it can be impossible at times, but the Holy Spirit is guiding me with this scripture, because I feel that I am at my last. I feel that I had enough of this nonsense and how long must this battle still rage on.

So, my Word is not to discourage you but instead to encourage you. What you need to remember here is that Jesus personally carried our sins in His body on that cross. He did this incredible thing so that we can be dead to sin and live for what is right. By His wounds we are healed. I have to say this again; we are healed by His wounds.

There is nothing God can’t do, but it is important that we do the difficult part so that God can do the impossible. We have to stay in this fight and battle on, and God will change it all and change it in His time and according to His plan.

Now Peter says we must do good while we remain patient at this time or in what we face. One thing we need to change is what we say. How we say it and what we speak over our situation. Be careful to become negative and refrain from speaking negative words over or in your situation. Say only what is good and uplifting and it will change your outcome. There is power in your words, and you need to remember this every time you say something.

Now, it does not only stop with us, but it flows from within us. Jesus said streams of living water will from you and if you abide in Him and He in you, you will bear much fruit. This is a promise and to follow this will not just change your situation, but your life, because as you begin to bear fruit, you will increase and as you increase your situation will become smaller and smaller until it is no more. Yes, there will always be another trial but the growth you will have through this one will make next mountain a hill.

I pray that God will bless and increase you and that His hand will be upon you and that no evil will come near you. I pray that as God blesses you more, you will be a greater blessing to other. In the mighty name of Jesus Christ.

Have an awesome day, my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.