Thursday, 17 September 2026

Today's thought - 17 September 2026 (Anger, resentment and unforgiveness)

 


How are you, my friend? I hope that you are walking closer with the Holy Spirit and that you are filled with His power and that you are resisting the enemy in all things.

As we continue to look at Samson’s life and the things he battled with and how it is relevant to us I want to remind you of Galatians 5:19-21, “Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God”.

There is a few things that stands out from Samson’s life like fornication, uncleanness, hatred, contentions (an angry disagreement), outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions and murders. We read in Judges 14:19, “So his anger was aroused”.  In Judges 15:7 we read, Samson said to them, “Since you would do a thing like this, I will surely take revenge on you, and after that I will cease.” In Judges 16:1 we read, “Now Samson went to Gaza and saw a harlot there, and went in to her”.

We can see from the list that Samson struggled with several sins which finally ended his reign and he was captured. Now anger, bitterness, hatred and resentment are weapons the enemy uses well. These are the things that can control us and destroy us and steal our joy. It can bind you and keep you in bondage for a long time.

Jesus said that you must love your enemy and do good to them. He also said that you must love one another as He loves us. If we look back at Galatians 5:22-23 Paul writes, “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering (patiently enduring), kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law”.

Love, peace and kindness are on that list. I know it is easier said than done. I know they wronged you bad and they deserve whatever it is that you think they should get. I know it is hard to forget what they did to you and I know it still cuts deep inside you. I know the pain is still there, and I know it still hurts. I know you are angry and I know you want revenge.

Is it worth it? No. What does God say? “Vengeance is mine, says the Lord”. Can you forgive them, yes, you can. Can you forget it, maybe not. Can you let it go, yes, you can. Can you do it on your own, no you can’t.

To be honest and I have been there where you might be now, it is not worth it, and it will kill you. It is designed to keep you chained and to keep you bound. It is only by submitting to the Lord and giving it all to Him that you will be fully released from it. It is by forgiving and letting go that you destroy the power the enemy has over you and finally by loving you will fully remove it from your life. Yes, we would love to repay them the same way, but we also know we are not fighting against flesh and blood, and forgiving is not so easy, but in it lies a great reward. Once it is lifted and you are free from it, you can live. Your joy will return and the Lord will set you free. Leave the repay part to the Lord. He will deal with that in His time and in His way, what is important is that you are released from it and that there is no more place for it in your life.

When Jesus hung on that cross He said. “Father forgive them for they do not know what they are doing”.

So, forgive, forget and let go of it. Let the Holy Spirit fill you and heal you with His love and let Him restore your joy.

Have an awesome day, my friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.