1 Peter verse 13 - 19
So think clearly and exercise self control. Look forward to the special blessings that will come to you at the return of Jesus Christ. Obey God because you are His children. Don't slip back into your old ways of doing evil; you didn't know any better then. But now you must be holy in everything you do,just as God-who chose you to be His children-is holy. For He Himself has said, "You must be holy because I am holy."
And remember the heavenly Father to whom you pray has no favorites when He judges. He will judge or reward you according to what you do. So you must live in reverent fear of Him during you time as foreigners here on earth. For you know that God paid a ransom to save you from the empty life you inherited from your ancestors. And the ransom He paid was not mere gold or silver. He paid for you with with the precious lifeblood of Christ, the sinless, spotless lamb of God.
It is pure confirmation this morning on what we spoke of last week. And again it is so important that we bring God into perspective. We must right size Him. We must also understand what He does and did for us. Here are the highlights that we will talk about:
1. Look forward to the special blessing that will come your way - When Jesus returns He will come to take us with Him to a new world. To a new life, a better life. The world is not our home, our home is with Him in heaven. Remember Jesus said that you must not collect riches here on earth where it can be stolen or where it can decay, but we must collect our riches in heaven where it can not be touched. Home is where your heart is.
2. You must be holy, because I am holy - We must be like Him. We must be holy like God, to reflect Him to the world and be His ambassadors.
3. Live in reverent fear of Him - This is our confirmation. We must fear God and place God in the right place that He deserves in our life's. This fear must also change us to change our ways and live our life's as holy.
4. He has no favorites - This is extremely important to remember. God has no favorites, He will judge each one of us in the exact same way. But this also means that He loves each one of us in the exact same way.
5. He paid a ransom for you - To confirm how much God cares and loves you is this amazing ransom that He paid to set us free. Your freedom was bought with the precious lifeblood of Jesus Christ.
God loves us, He wants us to be happy. He wants us to know that we are free. He has already defeated the world for us. Our place is not here but our place is in heaven with Him. Live to be holy so that other will see God's hand in your life. Live as free people and worship the King and creator of all and remember, we are His children. He will take care of us.
To God be all the glory forever and ever.