Thursday, 23 July 2026

Today's thought - 23 July 2026 (Seed)


In Daniel 5 in summary, it is when King Belshazzar of Babylon hosts a lavish feast using sacred gold cups taken from the Jerusalem temple. A disembodied hand suddenly writes a message on the wall. After his wise men fail to interpret it, Daniel is summoned. Daniel translates the ominous message, rebukes the king's arrogance, and announces Babylon's immediate fall. 

What happens here is directly related to Galatians 6:7, “Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap”.

The king had a huge party in in this they brought in the gold cups taken from the temple (the house of God) and they drank from them and then gave praise to their idols of gold, silver, bronze, iron, wood and stone.

MENE....UPHARSIN. The word of condemnation was brief but powerful, a terse and simple Aramaic statement literarily translated: "Having been counted, having been counted, having been weighed, and having been divided." Why the wise men could not read it remains a mystery. Perhaps it was written in an archaic script or vertically rather than horizontally, or perhaps God confused their minds. Daniel skips the translation and immediately gives the grim interpretation. Time was up for Belshazzar personally (MENE and TEKEL are singular referring directly to him) and the kingdom corporately (UPHARSIN is plural referring to the Message Fulfilled in Daniel 5:29-31).

Now there is much in this chapter to write about, but I want to refrain from the lesson of material things and substance abuse and rather focus on personal growth.

I have written before that I take writing my blog very serious and the message the Holy Spirit places on my heart or teaches me is very important. I believe that anyone can write a nice message and anyone can quote a few scriptures and make you ponder on the Word of God, but what is faith without works. John Bevere loves to quote, “You will know them by their fruit”. How people live and what they do and say is part of that fruit.

I cannot sit here and write a nice blog, but my life resembles no power of the Holy Spirit. Just as King Nebuchadnezzar had to go through his wilderness, many of us has to go through trials and tribulation in life. Yesterday I felt like I was at the end of my strength. After my visit with my little girl, I felt that my bond with her has been so damaged by all of this and that I feel as important in her life as anyone else working in her mom’s house or a friend who temporarily visits and leave. It began to feel as if I am losing my daughter and I wondered at the end of all of this how long will it take to restore that and is it even possible. This made me depressed and I honestly could not see what I am fighting for, because it seems not only have, I lost a ton of money by this, but I have also lost my daughter.

Now at this point I wish to introduce you to a Biblical principal in Genesis 8:22, “While the earth remains, Seedtime and harvest, Cold and heat, Winter and summer, and day and night Shall not cease.”

I want to focus on seed-time and harvest. There are different types of seed that we carry with us, and the value of that seed depends on how we apply/use/distribute it. The seed I want to look at today is the seed we sow in our own lives. Proverbs 23:7 states, “As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he”. That which we think or allow into our lives determine the effectiveness of what we do for the Lord (the harvest). I have said to you that we limit the Holy Spirit, and we dampen our faith for we become more knowledge based than “works/faith” based.

Coming back to my day yesterday. The minute I realized that I am responding in doubt over God’s Word I repented. God showed me that the words we speak has a direct effect on us and this morning He is telling me that we need to be filled by the Holy Spirit daily.

So, I had to take a step back and allow God to work in my heart and reveal to me my mistake so that I can get up and be more effective in my battles. You see had I fallen for the lies and deceit of the enemy my faith would have been worthless and my message of no effect, but because I stepped back and I seek God in that moment my faith was unaffected and I could be more effective. That is why we walk by faith and live in the Spirit and not in the flesh (Romans 8).

Coming back to king Belshazzar, the seed he planted in his life caused him to be weighted and to be found wanting. In the end it caused his death, because we know that the result of sin is death (spiritually) and that is why we need to be filled by the Holy Spirit daily and speak good seed (life) over ourselves and our situation.

So do not allow the enemy a seat at your table (Louie Giglio).

Have an awesome day, my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.