Tuesday 20 December 2022

Today’s Journal (Strength) – 20 December 2022

I look up to the mountains—does my help come from there?  My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth! (Psalm 121:1-2).

How are you, my friend? As we enter the last days before Christmas the world around us seems to go into a spending frenzy. People rush to get the last gifts, and some are preparing to go on leave, and some are stuck at work. No matter your circumstances or where you find yourself in this buzz it can be a very lonely time for some and a very hectic time for other.

When you are all by yourself and the world calms down around you, where do you find yourself. Are you happy? Are you content or are you broken and sad and in need of a rest that sleep just does not give you. Do you feel the excitement of this time of year or are you hurt and broken after a year of thousands of ups and downs that got the better of you?

Jesus came into this world, and He said that He came for the broken and the lost and worst of us. Paul went on an wrote the no one is good not even one.

The Lord just laid it on my heart to share one of my favourite verses. I have been in this place so many times before and believe me I am no upstanding Christian. I feel just like Paul did so many times when he said that the things he does not want to do, he did, and he also struggled with challenges on a daily basis. Yet when this man was in jail bound by chains, hurting, hungry and cold he sang praises to the Lord. In his most broken moment, he sang and praised our Lord. And then the angel came and opened the doors to the jail and Paul saved a man and his family.

Today I want you to look up at those mountains and ask this: Where does my help come from? My help comes from a star breathing, life giving, sin consuming living God. My help comes from the Lord who made heaven and earth.

With Him all things are possible. Come today and just give it all to Him. Your challenges, your hurt, your blessing, your struggles, your hopes, your dreams and all your praise. Let Him hear your heart and let Him fill you today with His amazing love and presence. You are not alone, and you are surely not fighting alone. Let us praise Him today and just give Him all our love and faith. He gave His life for you and believe me He will not let you fall.

I love you my friend in Jesus.

Have an awesome day.

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...