Thursday 13 July 2023

Today’s Journal (Emotions) – 13 July 2023

We are all emotional beings. Emotions is what plays a role in how we feel and how we react and how we deal with the challenges life throws at us. How do you feel today? It is almost weekend, and the week is quickly coming to an end. What is going on in your head? Are you excited for the coming weekend or are you dreading it and to be honest the whole week has been a mess and you can just do with a break.

Do you feel a little depressed and are you just tired of it all. Stress feeds emotions and emotions combined with stress can really get to you. Especially when you come to the point where you just can’t get out of bed anymore and the two days ahead feels like an eternity.

How do we deal with this and how do we fight this battle. There are so many easy answers and yes there are pills for it. Those that kill the emotions and make you a happy robot. It is worth it or is total victory a better choice. A victory that is not substance motivated and surly one that does not end up in a hospital.

Jesus came to this world, and He was ridiculed and hated. He was banished and outlawed yet all He preached was life and how to live it better. He made no excuse in hiding the fact that you will go through tough times. He said that this world hated Him first and so will hate you. Yet despise all of this He just kept following the will of God and finally gave His life for all, even those who persecuted Him.

The victory does not lie in the defeat, but the victory lies in humble persistence. Yes, it is easier said than done but why will the Lord not give you strength and wisdom and direction. This too will pass and yes, it is not easy, but the end and the victory over it is so worth it.

He said “Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble in dread before them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not fail you or abandon you (Deuteronomy 31:6)”

God made this promise. All you need to do is to give it all to Him and let Him take control. Stop trying to fix everything on your own but trust Him with it.

I do it in a simple prayer: “Lord, I am at my end, and I have absolutely nothing left to give. I humbly apologize for taking it all on my own and I ask you to forgive me for excluding you from my life. I desperately need your help and openly with a grateful heart give it all over to you. You know my battle and you know my limits. Please guide me through this and help me to overcome it all and finally glorify your name through my victory. In Jesus name.”

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...