Tuesday 19 September 2023

Today’s Journal (Anything) – 19 September 2023

Jesus immediately reached out and grabbed him. “You have so little faith,” Jesus said. “Why did you doubt me?”

We are busy with a series on “Anything can happen” in our church and to be honest I am a firm believer in anything can happen, because with God all things are possible. Peter walked out on the water and as soon as he saw the waves caused by the storm on the ocean he started to sink.

Jesus grabbed him, but what He said is something that I want to emphasize. Jesus said, “Why did you doubt me?”. Does this sound familiar? I find myself in this exact spot so many times and when I am in the middle of the storm, I get overwhelmed, and I lose the fight. Jesus makes it abundantly clear that by faith Peter would have been fine because his trust would have been firm in the Lord.

Why do we doubt? I think it is in some instances that we seek a quick fix and when it does not happen at the time we wanted, we lose faith, and we drown. Luckily the Lord is always with us, and He pulls us out of our own pit, but what if we kept the faith, kept trusting and allowed Him to act on His time. Then my friend the reward is not in the Lord taking us through the storm, but the reward is the way our faith gets stronger.

God will always be with us, but we must follow His word and allow Him to do the work on His perfect time. The result of this is a much larger blessing in more ways than we can imagine and our relationship with our Father grows.

Although I know He can do all and can change all and save us from everything, I will always keep my hope in Him even when He does not change my situation on my time or at all. I know He can speak the word, and everything can change, yet I will remain steadfast in my faith until God steps in and changes it.

Do not lose faith or hope, because Jesus wants you to trust Him and keep your eyes on Him throughout the storms in your life.

Have a great day.

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...