Thursday 14 September 2023

Today’s Journal (Me) – 14 September 2023

And I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. I want to do what is right, but I can’t. I want to do what is good, but I don’t. I don’t want to do what is wrong, but I do it anyway. But if I do what I don’t want to do, I am not really the one doing wrong; it is sin living in me that does it (Romans 7).

I read this chapter and to be honest it just opened to me. We live everyday trying to do the right thing and I find myself completely missing the objective and ending up doing it wrong. I am constantly in a battle, and it seems as if the enemy just took up a new level of attack on me. I am currently battling with two autoimmune diseases and the words in proverbs 23 (For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he) just opened my eyes yesterday.

I realised that one of my biggest challenges is the “Not enough” challenge. I am not a good enough father, I am not providing enough, I am not good enough, I am not strong enough, I am not supporting enough, and I am not working hard enough. These words steel from us and it allows the enemy a gap into our spiritual world. An autoimmune disease is the body’s immune system turning against itself and attacking the body. This unnatural behaviour is caused by the spirit of infirmity (weakness) changing your body’s natural way into the opposite, thus making it attack itself.

To be honest I rebel against God in this way because He gave His son to break sin, yet I allow sin to control my life just a Paul explains in Romans 7. It is not me that is doing it wrong but my sinful nature that is in charge. This area is opened because I allow the lies of the enemy to be my reality. Defeating this spirit is a journey, yet one we must overcome and defeat.

My dear friend, do not allow the words of the enemy to alter who God intended you to be. Remember that the enemy uses your mind as well as the words of other to manifest in you thus allowing the spirit of infirmity to do its job. You are made in the image of God and not in the image of this world. This world and all its lies cannot define who you are when you are in God and He is in you.

Start by loving yourself. You cannot love other if you do not love yourself. If you believe all the lies the enemy cast, speaks, and throws over your life than you are in rebellion with what God intended. Turn away from the lies and start working on your relationship with your Father God. That is what He made you for and with that in place the hold of the enemy will lessen, and your victories will increase.

You are so loved. Have an awesome day.

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...