Wednesday, 23 September 2026

Today's thought - 23 September 2026 (The door)

 


How are you my friend? I am writing backwards today meaning I am writing about yesterday today. No, I am not looking back if that is what you are wondering, I am just understanding this scripture from Joshua 1:11 a little better after my Tuesday.

How will I put this? Well, let’s say it was not a good day, but it was a good day. Now that does not make sense. Proverbs 17:27 says, “A truly wise person uses few words; a person with understanding is even-tempered”.

I have always been a person that is quick to anger and quicker to act. Yesterday I sat in a meeting listening to a person ranting on, on what was not aimed at him but instead a statement I made based on the improbability of what was asked. He took it personal and had what we call a fit. I calmly apologised and said the comment was not aimed at him but said in context to the end user. He took another shot and I kept quiet letting him run his mouth basically confirming the type of person he truly is.

You see I have written to you many times about the seed you sow and how that has an impact on our lives. Now, please do not get me wrong. I was furious at this petty fit that he threw but I did not voice it. I took my anger and my frustration to the Holy Spirit and carried on with my work.

It is interesting how many attempts the enemy is making at me this week. It started with my ex-wife who made a number of new false claims for which she has no evidence and her continuous attempts to disrupt my time with my daughter. Then it is my colleagues who just had to add to my challenges and then there is this project that I assumed was over and here we are still adding and making changes. Hence, my comment on the unnecessary work that we do now that is prolonging this project and the negligence on their behalf.

You see it all hits at the same time. Where am I going with this? Well, I want to chat to you about doors. You see my verse talks about the land that we will possess, but sometimes the land that we want is not the land God has in mind. In other words, the door we want to go through is closed. You see God closes some doors to protect you and to keep you from making a mistake. We get negative because we do not get what we want, but we forget God said He will never leave us nor forsake us and He goes before us and He will protect us and He will deliver us. God can only achieve this by keeping us on the right path.

I know it can be very exhausting at times, but we need to stay the course and keep trusting Him. Yes, I am talking to myself. You see Moses and all the Israelites stood before the Red Sea and they were in a cull de sac of challenges. Mountains on the side, the red sea in front of them and a very relentless and angry bunch of Egyptians from the back. The scenario is impossible, but what does God do? He creates a way that is extremely unexpected. God said why do you cry? Tell the people to step into the ocean and stetch out your rod. You see they needed to step into the impossible and then God made the way. Their faith moved with God. God has already made the way, we must just trust Him and keep going.

My dear friend, the door in front of you may be closed but as I said before. God is doing a new thing, and He will make a road in the wilderness and rivers in the desert. He will change the impossible into the possible and give you a way through it. Just have faith and trust Him.

Have an awesome day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.