Our daily battles – Fight or Flight
The angel of GOD appeared to him and said, "GOD is with you, O mighty warrior!" (Judges 6 verse 12)
For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers
over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. (Ephesians 6:12)
For we walk by faith, not by sight. (2Co 5:7)
In our daily life’s we are constantly at war with circumstances. We are always in conflict with doing right or allowing the wrong to be acceptable. It is funny how we are always trying to face these challenges in our life on our own.
I would like to take you back to Gideon. Now he was an everyday man, the least in his family. And what is worse is that even after God confirmed he would be victorious, he still questioned it.
A few things are important to remember when we look at Gideon:
- The angel addressed him as “Mighty Warrior” when he was just an everyday man.
- In unbelief he tested the Angel with the food on the rock.
- God made him destroy the altar of Baal en build a new one for God.
- God told him that he will defeat the Medianites.
- He asked for confirmation again with the sheep skin and the dew.
- God decreased Gideon’s army twice. From 22000 to 10000, and then from 10000 to 300.
- God gave Gideon victory even before he attacked.
It is all about trust. No matter what our circumstances, our situation or whatever it is that we face today. God will give you victory and He will do it in a way that He will be glorified by it and that you know it was Him that intervened.
God is always with you, He is not a distant God but one who continuously involves Himself in your life so that you can have everything you need to face the challenge.
He wants you to trust Him, because you are a mighty warrior when your trust is in God and you live by faith and not by sight.