Tuesday 29 March 2011

Wednesday 30 March 2011

David
(1Sa 17:37)  And David said, "The LORD who delivered me from the paw of the lion and from the paw of the bear will deliver me from the hand of this Philistine." And Saul said to David, "Go, and the LORD be with you!"

(1Sa 17:45)  Then David said to the Philistine, "You come to me with a sword and with a spear and with a javelin, but I come to you in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied.

(1Sa 17:46)  This day the LORD will deliver you into my hand, and I will strike you down and cut off your head. And I will give the dead bodies of the host of the Philistines this day to the birds of the air and to the wild beasts of the earth, that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel,

(1Sa 17:47) and that all this assembly may know that the LORD saves not with sword and spear. For the battle is the LORD's, and he will give you into our hand."

Message:
(1Sa 17:47)  And everyone gathered here will learn that GOD doesn't save by means of sword or spear. The battle belongs to GOD--he's handing you to us on a platter!"

David VS Goliath
There is so much that one can use in the life of David. David believed and trusted God in a childlike manner. The history behind the clash of David and the Philistine warrior Goliath is amazing on its own, but what is truly striking is the way David approached this fight and how that directly impacted on the result.
David made it clear right from the beginning that the glory of this victory will be God’s glory and that the victory will be God’s victory:
“The battle belongs to GOD--he's handing you to us on a platter!"
This is the type of faith that we should seek. If we can trust God without any doubts, He will also hand the victory to us on a platter. But again we must seek to glorify God in every moment.
“Too often I try to be the captain of my ship and the master of my fate, but it is not God’s will for me to do this “life thing” alone. He created me in the beginning and waits to greet me at the end and in between He desires a partnership with me in all I do and in the good times as well as the bad.”
Make this your thoughts for today:
Psalm 23
A Psalm of David.
The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters.
He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for His name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...