Wednesday 6 July 2016

Today Reminder – 06 July 2016



 A reminder for today
But I wish everyone were single, just as I am. Yet each person has a special gift from God, of one kind or another. (1 Corinthians 7:7)

It is a chilly morning when I woke and it felt as if the cold penetrated my clothes and passed through to my bones. I shivered when I walked out into the cold on my way to the gym. I stood in the que as we waited for them to open and for a moment I looked at all the other people. Each one so uniquely created and each one so perfectly made by a loving God. I saw how they react when they see someone they know and how they chat with excitement on what they will do today. I looked at what they wore and how they walked in and I realised again that each one has a special gift from God. Something that is uniquely you and that something that sets you apart from the rest. Each one has that special way of how they are and how they live. 

Paul writes here in 1 Corinthians 7 about marriage and how men and woman should behave in their relationships. It is all quite important and very interesting that even then Paul knew more about marriages than the average marriage counsellor today. What caught my eye where these words: Yet each person has a special gift from God, of one kind or another. 

Even in relationships we have certain gifts that God made us with that helps us form solid relationships. It is our uniqueness that causes friction in relationships, but it can also be used to build a better relationship. You see when we accept the differences in other we become more like God and in a sense we start to see people like He wants us to see them. Each one unique and each one special.

So today I want you to tolerate a little more and accept a little easier. To avoid conflict by understanding more and to give more of yourself. Friendship is one the most important things in life and we should never treat friendship as if it is an everyday thing. Our relationships with other will reflect in our relationship with God and if we see all our relationships as special and priceless we will be the same towards God. 

Lord I pray for contempt and peace in our hearts today so that we will understand easier and accept more without conflict or anger. In Jesus name.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...