Monday 25 July 2016

Today Reminder – 25 July 2016



A reminder for today
We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed. We are perplexed, but not driven to despair. We are hunted down, but never abandoned by God. We get knocked down, but we are not destroyed. Through suffering, our bodies continue to share in the death of Jesus so that the life of Jesus may also be seen in our bodies. (2 Corinthians 4:8-10)

We go through many challenges and obstacles each day. We face storms and we walk into danger. The enemy does not want us to flourish, he wants us to fail. I realised last week that the enemy is definitely working harder to bring me down and push me to failure. I got a terrible flu last week that peaked on Friday and over the weekend I faced a number of interesting challenges as the enemy uses people to attack me and try and force doubt in my mind. It ended on a high note when a bus basically drove over the front part of my car while it was parked in from of the gym. For a moment I was down and I was fighting to make sense of all of this. There was total chaos in my mind as I tried to put all of this in perspective. The worst thing we can do in a storm like this is to think we deserve it. This thought came up to me, because of the mistakes I have made the past few years, but God does not work like that. God is a God of love and He is not a God of hurt and pain. God will take any bad situation and turn it around for the glory of His name. So He can take our worst days and turn it into a day where the enemy will turn tail and run. 

We get knocked down but we are never abandoned. We walk through dark valleys yet we do not fear. When God is with us we can overcome anything. He will lift us up and He will never allow us to be tested above our abilities. So this storm that I am facing is one that will bring glory to God for the enemy did not win nor did he make me fall. Instead I am stronger for He that lives in me is limitless. 

That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day. For our present troubles are small and won't last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever. (Verse 16-17)

Lord we thank you for all your love and blessings over our lives and we give glory to you for you are so good to us. Let your name be glorified through every situation we face and through every challenge. Let us live for you. In Jesus name.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...