Monday 11 November 2019

Today’s journal (Kindness) – 11 November 2019


In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. (John 1:4-5)

What is kindness to you? I think that kindness has a direct link to the unconditional love of God. Where is your heart and what is your priorities? This Sunday we spoke about generosity and how easy or difficult it is to give. When you take a simple example as a Sunday lunch and how much it costs. Sometimes we spoil ourselves on Sunday and we eat out, but what if you gave up one luxury once a month and give that to the church in their quest to help those in need and the less fortunate. There is so much need in our world and the best way to reach those people with the gospel is through kindness. How many times a day do we act in such a way that Jesus is visible in our lives?

I must admit I have to stop myself some days when I realise, I am irritated by traffic and annoyed by circumstances to just hold a moment and realign myself with God’s heart. No wonder we do not hear God’s voice, because our minds are filled with our “self-noise”. I think my Mom is probably one of my best examples of selflessness and humility. She is a pillar in my life but also a true example of unbreakable faith. I often look at her and ask how she does it and where does she find her strength, but it is so obvious in her way of life that her strength is Godly strength.

There is no life in this world that will satisfy you, the only life that changed me completely and uplifted me is the life I found in Jesus Christ. The darkness will never comprehend it, because it drives me. Fear is hope that the enemy is stealing from you so stop fearing that you will not have enough and give so that God can bless your gift and bless you. Jesus took five loaves of bread and two little fish and He fed over five thousand people. Why do we doubt Him? There is so much more to this life and love (charity) is the one thing we can use to break the enemy. 

Today I will give and I will trust and I will move mountains.

Have an awesome day. 

I love you, my friend in Jesus.

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...