Wednesday 20 November 2019

Today’s journal (Foundations) – 20 November 2019


A single day in your courts is better than a thousand anywhere else! I would rather be a gatekeeper in the house of my God than live the good life in the homes of the wicked. (Psalm 84:10)

I think we are quick to forget that this life is just a moment and, in this moment, we must live a life for Jesus in as many ways as we can. I spoke to someone at the gym this morning about death and this life versus the life to come. Paul said it so nicely “For to me, living means living for Christ, and dying is even better.”

We live in this world and we become so consumed by this world and the material part of it that we miss the glory that awaits us in heaven. We create a foundation of who we are and what we have and how important we are in life.  A lot of us is influenced by our worldly desires and our need for material things that we continue in a direction that only causes more pain and more need. 

How much do we actually need? There are so much need in the world, yet people continue to buy what they do not need. We need to make a mind shift or rather a foundation shift. Build your house on a rock so that the storms of life cannot break it. My foundation and my house are built on Jesus Christ. He is the only way and the light of this world. With Him we will never thirst, and we will not hunger for what we do not need. With Him we can overcome all the obstacles and challenges that lies ahead and before us. 

My heart, my house and my life belong to Jesus. All I pray for today is that our hearts will break for what breaks His heart. A single day in the house of the Lord is better than a thousand anywhere else. Live a life that will build lives and lead them to Jesus. Be generous at heart and help where you can, because the smallest amount can be blessed to do amazing things.

Have an awesome day. 

I love you, my friend in Jesus.

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...