Monday 9 January 2023

Today’s Journal (Light) – 09 January 2023

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven (Matthew 5:16).

It is a new year with new ideas and new resolutions. Every year we start afresh, and we look to change the things we did not like or struggled with in year behind us. Jesus stood before a huge crowd as He gave them what we now know as the Beatitudes.

Jesus says here that we should be a light to the world like a city on a hill. He said you do not put a candle under a bushel (The bushel was at the time a container for measuring dry goods such as grain or peas). I other words do not let the world hide your light but let it shine so that people can see it. Let your life exalt the glory of our Father and let His presence in your life be visible all around. The job description of a Christian is not only to maintain personal holiness, but also to touch the lives of everyone around us.

This is easier said that done. Believe me I stand in this situation daily. Do you let your emotions control your thoughts or do you allow the Holy Spirit to guide your thoughts. Is your day-to-day life uplifting other or are you missing the opportunity. I personally feel like a candle under a bushel, but as Jesus continues to touch my life and slowly changing my perspective, I can see how my normal now turns into a Jesus like attitude. Where I would lose my temper, I now see deeper and have more empathy. Jesus loves everyone equally, yes, and even the taxi driver that cut you off and parked in the middle of nowhere. It is our perspective that needs adjusting and our way of life to be less selfish and more Jesus like. The Holy Spirit is a huge driver in this, and I honestly can hear Him guide me daily. Mostly I would say sorry, but I find myself giving more good words toward the issues and the challenges I face than negative words.

So, I humbly ask you to join me as we slowly change the world around us with Jesus-like love as we let our lights shine as we become that salt of the earth God infused mind altering person in a world that so badly needs to see His light.

I love you my friend in Jesus.

Have an awesome day.

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...