Tuesday 24 January 2023

Today’s Journal (Words) – 24 January 2023

For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires (Hebrews 4:12).

Do you know the song “Words” from FR David? It was one of my favourites when I was in school. I always thought that that was a lot like me because words did not come easy and today, I am still very much an introvert. I am not a huge fan at to many people in a conversation and I will feel uncomfortable and sometimes out of place. I guess I am a bit difficult in that sense but I have always been one to keep to myself and I love going to the gym on my own and just doing my workout. Sometimes I even miss the people around me.

This is one of my many favourite verses and I believe that with all my heart. The word of God is alive and powerful. If we miss the use of it in our own lives you will find yourself where I am today. Upset at my wife and hard-headedly unmovable in my opinion.

Words have power. We miss the impact words have on people and how and innocent insult can bring down a person and send them straight into the enemies claws. Why do we find it so much easier to break and destroy then to build and repair?

My opinion is that our past has a huge effect on how we handle conflict and comments when we are grown up. In your childhood somewhere someone said something and those emotions comes swirling back when something happens remotely similar. Sometimes it is unforgiveness and sometimes it is purely rejection that left this scar.

The basis is that we need to deal with these issues and break the enemies hold so that we can be free from emotional responses based on an event that we grew up with. You will know when there is a seed. You will over react on the simplest things and they will make you extremely upset and you will feel rejected even though the intention of the argument had nothing to do with those emotions, you just felt them.

The enemy is cunning and he remembers these trigger points much better than we do, so it is quite important that we work to get them out of our systems so that we can live free from an emotion that we should have delt with some time ago.

Jesus is the way and the answer in this. Give Him your pain and let Him heal those old wounds so that you can let go of issues that you do not need anymore.

Life is so short so why do we waste time on anger and unnecessary issues that just creates a void and a place that will keep you empty. Fill those places with the word of God and let His healing words be your foundation when you feel those emotions.

Be still and know that He is God.

Have an awesome day.

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...