Wednesday 30 August 2023

Today’s Journal (Impossible) – 30 Augustus 2023

I think personally I am probably the worst example of how to be a Christian ever. My entire life is a roller-coaster ride from one obstacle to the next and from one mistake to the other. I think my biggest problem ever was content and understanding love as Jesus showed.

Content basically summarised as not excepting circumstances as they were or a simple life. I needed to be the best and needed to drive the car I wanted, and I needed to be accepted the way I was. There was no place for someone else’s needs except my kids and surely no place for disagreement.

Obstacles I have plenty and challenges even more. I think stupidity and ignorance probably played a huge role and then there is me having to prove a thing or two.

Jesus gave one commandment: Love each other in the same way I have loved you (John 15).

Paul goes a bit further and explains love (kindness) in a broader way in Corinthians 13. The essence of love is love like Jesus loves. That unconditional intense love that will give more than what is expected. Jesus gave His life, yet He could have called the armies of heaven at any time and free himself from this burden. His example in just that one act displays a love that sees a bigger picture and larger effect than what a normal eye in any situation can see.

Love should always overcome all and any unwanted or unnecessary reactions. I am completely useless as this. If it feels unfair in any way I am up in arms and a lot have changed in my life, yet I find myself always in a battle against unfairness.

To love like Jesus did it means that you should also love your enemies and most importantly pray for them. Help them and accept nothing in return. You must love your neighbour and you must be willing to give your life for a complete stranger.

Tough call, yes. Doable, well I leave that thought to you. From my side I need to look at myself and the way I react to remarks, anger, unfairness, and mistakes. I must understand better and give more of me (myself).

The battle from here is one that can be won, and the victory will probably save a life, but more important it will affect people around me. That is the essence of Jesus’s final task – tell the world the good news. You can not tell good news if you are always angry, upset, or depressed. These are issues in our lives that can be defeated by ignoring the lies of the enemy and accepting the truth in Jesus Christ.

In essence I need to be more like my Father and less like me.

Have a great day.

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...