Monday, 28 September 2026

Today's thought - 28 September 2026 (That damn mountain)

 


How are you, my friend? We are blessed with yet another day and another chance. I wrote to you before that God is a God of second chances as He allowed Samson’s hair to grow back and he was able to bring down the temple of the Pharisees. It is just sad that his life ended with this one deed and that hatred and anger was what was left of this magnificent man.

I am laughing a bit at myself this morning, because I think ninety nine percent of the time I am writing to myself and the battles I face. This week is no different as I stare at my mountains and the best word or phrase that I can come up with is, “I am so tired off all of this crap”.

This brings me to my verse from Psalm 139, and I would suggest you read the whole Psalm. It is truly amazing. Now verse 1, “O LORD, You have searched me and known me”.

You see life is all about ups and downs. There is always a good day and there is always a bad day. Some days we can take on the world and some days the world just drives all over us. And what the enemy so loves is to make us believe that we are alone in it and nobody knows our pain or our suffering or the things we must deal with and sometimes those things are just a whole lot of emotional mumbo jumbo and we feel that the end is upon us.

Why is this? Well, we are all emotional beings and the enemy as we know preys on our emotions. He will systematically work to make you tired and exhausted and pro long things and keep distracting us in his simple attempt to weaken us. It can be work, family, friends or just plain old stress that he uses to get to you. Oooh and once he sees you have weak moment well then comes all the lies and the feeling “sorry for myself” emotions. The enemy loves this state of mind because then we are fallible to any of his suggestions and nonsense.

How do we beat this? Let’s look at what we see in Psalm 139:1. David writes that God searches us and knows us. The NLT says it like this, “O LORD, you have examined my heart and know everything about me”.

It is simply this – God knows. He knows where you are, what you are facing, what you have been through, what you did, what you did not and what you have to do.

He is not a God that sits in heaven and thinks that maybe He should help or assist or call someone. God is a God of His Word and His Word says that He will never leave you or forsake you and that He goes before you and that He is with you in your battles. He is your refuge and your place of safety. He will cover you and protect you. The LORD says, “I will rescue those who love me. I will protect those who trust in my name”. Psalm 91:14.

There you have it. Those who trust in my name. Those who abide in me. Those who seek me above all else. Those who listens to my voice. In verse 15 God says, “When they call on me, I will answer; I will be with them in trouble. I will rescue and honour them”.

My dear friend, do not let the enemy steal your joy.

Have an awesome day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.