Tuesday, 29 September 2026

Today's thought - 29 September 2026 (Pick up your sword)


How are you, my friend? It rained in this Pretoria like you cannot believe. Wow, what a blessing, but what a storm. It reminds me today of the storms we face in life and the challenges we daily have to deal with. You know those things where you put your face in your hands and you feel like screaming. Those where you just stand dumb stunned at the issues people have and the stuff they say and do.

Today the Holy Spirit took me to Joel 3, “Proclaim this among the nations: “Prepare for war! Wake up the mighty men, Let all the men of war draw near, Let them come up. Beat your plowshares into swords And your pruning hooks into spears; Let the weak say, ‘I am strong’”.

My friend, the battle is real and the enemy is a cunning adversary. What is God saying to you today?

Prepare for war. Am I not God, the creator of heaven and earth. The one who holds the universe in His hands and counts the stars. Am in not the one who knows their names. Am I not the God who made you and formed you in your mother’s womb. Am I not the God who saves and protects you. Am I not the God who gave up my only Son so that you can be saved from your sins. Am I not the God who split the red sea and let my people through on dry land. Am I not the God who blessed you with this day. Am I not the God who gave you a body and brain. Am I not the God who brings people into your life to stand by you, help you and support you. Am I not the God who defeated satan and death. Am I not the God who keeps the ocean in its place and the sun in its position. Am I not the God who brought you this far and guided you even when you rejected me.

Am I not the God who goes before you and prepare the way for you.

My dear friend, it is time that we stand and rise above the standards of this world. It is time that we get up and go. It is time that we step into our purpose and share our testimony and the gospel with the people we know and see each day. It is time that we rise up against the enemy and fight for the lost. It is time that we proclaim the victory of Jesus on the cross to all people and that we go where God sends us. This may be far or it can be just next door. See the need and act upon it. It takes only one to step up and follow the voice of the Holy Spirit and many lives can be saved in the process.

Beat your plowshares into swords and your pruning hooks into spears. Take what you have and step into the light and speak the truth. Take what you have and trust God in it and you will bear mega fruit. Do not fear what lies ahead and do not fear what the enemy throws at you because God says, “Let the weak say – I am strong”.

Let the weak say I can do all things through Jesus Christ who strengthens me.

You can make a change. You can save a life. You can overcome your battles. You can, because Jesus did. You are a mighty warrior. Rise, my friend and go.

Have an awesome day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.