Friday 16 March 2012

Today Reminder - 16 March 2012 (Persevere)


My prayer for you for today is that nothing will hold you back to be bold for Jesus, in Jesus Name.

Ephesians 6:19-20
And pray for me, too. Ask God to give me the right words so I can boldly explain God's mysterious plan that the Good News is for Jews and Gentiles alike. I am in chains now, still preaching this message as God's ambassador. So pray that I will keep on speaking boldly for Him, as I should.

Persevere.  “I am in chains now, still preaching this message as God's ambassador.” – I have this picture in my head of Paul in prison and in chains writing this letter of encouragement to the Ephesians. When we are going through difficult times or when we are not feeling very well, do we write messages of encouragement? Do we motivate the people around us when we are upset?

Our first reaction when things are not well is to be miserable and upset and we tend to be miserable and moody towards everyone around us. It is easy for us to glorify God in the good times but when the bad times arrive we forget and we search for explanations and reasons why this happened and we blame easily. We forget God. I don’t want to forget Him anymore, I want to sing His praises even when the devil has his chains around me. I want to bring glory to God in every moment of every challenge. This is where prayer is so important. Prayer is the key to the heart of God and it builds your relationship with God. With prayer we come to God in faith knowing that He will hear our prayers. Nothing is impossible for God and in Him we will find our way out. It is not only important that we pray but more so that we pray for each other. As we pray for strength also pray that God will strengthen your Christian brothers and sisters. This will make the continuous attacks of the enemy less effective, because we will stand together united in prayer and in God for His glory. 

My dear friend, persevere in your prayer time and also pray for other so that we will defeat the enemy long before he could cause any damage. Pray that we will be faithful to God in the good and the bad times and that we will keep encouraging even when we are in chains. Be bold for God as you should be.

Have an awesome encouraging day and a super weekend dear friend of Jesus.

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...