Tuesday 27 March 2012

Today Reminder - 27 March 2012 (Prize)

My prayer for you for today is that you will stay steadfast on your course to achieve perfection in Jesus for which He first possessed you, in Jesus name.

Philippians 3:12-14
I don't mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me. No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.

Prize. It is hard to be a Christian, at times it almost seems impossible to remain focused and calm amongst all the things that happens around us. I think for me it is my work that holds the most challenges on a day to day basis purely, because it is the one place I spend a large part of my day. I sometimes find myself complaining so easily about things I do not agree with and I forget that having a job is a gift from God. Paul writes that he has not yet achieved that perfection and that he presses on to achieve it. You know when compared to Paul I feel so small, and yet he says that he has not yet achieved that perfection. It is so easy to become negative here and think that it is impossible to reach and I guess the devil will obviously throw in his old curve ball and bring in your past and all the mistakes you have made to make you feel even more second-rate. Yes, this is just one of many low blows he will use to bring you down and discourage you. I love how Paul plainly puts it: “I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead”

It is the one thing we must focus on, and that is not what is already behind us, but what lies ahead. We cannot change the past, but we can surely change our future. So forget about your mistakes, your imperfections and your problems and focus once again on the glorious prize that God through Jesus Christ is calling us. We are not people of this world, but we are citizens of heaven and ambassadors to God passing through towards our destination in heaven with God almighty. What may seem impossible to you is possible to God, don’t lose faith and don’t lose your focus.
My dear friend, stand up once more with me as we press on to reach the end of the race and let’s take as many with us as we possibly can. You are a child of God and that makes you a formidable force filled with the unlimited power of the Holy Spirit. You are unstoppable and unbreakable, rise child of God and be who God made you to be – perfect in an imperfect body.

Have a glorious day dear friend of Jesus – you rock!

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...