Friday 23 March 2012

Today Reminder - 23 March 2012 (Rejoice)

My prayer for you for today is that you will live a clean and innocent life so that you will be a light shining for God, in Jesus name.

Philippians 2:14-17
Do everything without complaining and arguing, so that no one can criticize you. Live clean, innocent lives as children of God, shining like bright lights in a world full of crooked and perverse people. Hold firmly to the word of life; then, on the day of Christ's return, I will be proud that I did not run the race in vain and that my work was not useless. But I will rejoice even if I lose my life, pouring it out like a liquid offering to God, just like your faithful service is an offering to God. And I want all of you to share that joy.

Rejoice. Do you sometimes feel that the walls are crumbling around you and that your world is falling apart? Do feel that you are left alone in a dark world struggling for survival? Do you feel lost and hurt? When the going gets tough we are always first to complain and argue. I see it so clearly in my own life, the minute the walls crumble and the problems seems bigger than the solutions, I start to complain and argue so much easier. What is the result of this? You see we argue with the ones we love and in most cases we will hurt each other, we complain about our problems yet we pray that God must help us. If I ask you to do something for me and I still go and do it myself, what does that tell you about my trust in you and how will that make you feel? Why do we ask God for help but we keep on complaining and arguing? What does that tell you about our faith? Do see the pattern; do see the devils agenda in all of this? That is exactly what he wants us to do, he wants us to mistrust God and argue, because he is all for pain and suffering. He knows if we do not wait patiently for God to change our circumstances according to His will, we will try and fix it ourselves or seek help somewhere else, and in the end it is not for God that we give the glory but for the devil, because we took his advice. That is why Paul writes that we must stop complaining and arguing so that no one can criticize you, so that no one can say that you call yourself a Christian but you do not trust God. This sacrifice and commitment will ultimately bring us closer to God and allow us to shine in a dark and perverse world, as true children of God. 

So rejoice, Paul says that he will rejoice even if he loses his life, pouring it out as a liquid offering to God and he makes a bold statement to say just like our faithful service is an offering to God. Therefore you must take a moment and ask God to give you the strength and wisdom to completely trust Him and allow His will to be done so that the end result will glorify Him and make us shine as we offer our faithful service to God, living according to His will and faithfully trusting Him completely.

Have a great day, rejoicing for the Lord as you face yet another day in this amazing world.

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...