Friday 4 May 2012

Today Reminder - 04 May 2012 (Spirit)

My prayer for you for today is that you will once again be filled with God’s spirit and that you will fear no more as God’s spirit fills you will power and love, in Jesus name.

2 Timothy 1:7
For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.

Spirit – Not of fear but of power, love, and self-discipline. I guess fear is something we constantly live with and I know that life and daily challenges can increase our fears. As we face each day and each new obstacle in our life we are constantly moving in and out of fear. How we fear and how much we fear I guess depends on the type of situation we find ourselves in. I have always believed that fear comes into your life and you control the power it has over you with your mind. If you believe that you are helpless in a certain problem then fear will overpower you and God’s spirit will not be able to help you, because you let fear control you. Paul wrote to Timothy with exactly this in mind. Paul knew that God is far above all fear and that nothing can bring you down if your faith and trust is in Him. We might not know the outcome of each situation, but if we trust God, He will carry us through it. 

My dear friend the spirit that dwells in us is not a timid and fearful one but an all-powerful one. The Holy Spirit is part of God and that means that you have God in you so why do we still let fear dictate the outcomes of our struggles. You have a spirit of power, love and self-discipline so fear not but be bold and stand strong as this day unfolds. Nothing on this earth is greater than He who created it all. So I will fear none, because my God is greater than anything the enemy can throw in my direction. I will stand in the midst of the storm and shout out praises knowing that within me dwells the Spirit of God. I will not let fear constrain me, but I will let the Holy Spirit free my mind as I place my trust in God. Jesus has already defeated all for me so why should I worry about the small things of this world when God is with me every step of the way.

Fear none dear friend of Jesus and have an awesome day.

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...