Friday 18 May 2012

Today Reminder - 18 May 2012 (Firmly)

My prayer for you for today is that you will stand firm on your faith and that you will remain faithful to the end, in Jesus name.

Hebrews 3:12-14
Be careful then, dear brothers and sisters. Make sure that your own hearts are not evil and unbelieving, turning you away from the living God. You must warn each other every day, while it is still "today," so that none of you will be deceived by sin and hardened against God. For if we are faithful to the end, trusting God just as firmly as when we first believed, we will share in all that belongs to Christ.

Firmly - trusting God just as firmly as when we first believed. What a week! I think in this week I have been challenged on every level possible. I have once again been reminded that you should not place your trust in people but you should place it in God and God alone. I have been burdened with a difficult choice and I am still not sure what to do, but what is so interesting is how the enemy will attack me with more force right at the moment when I am the weakest. I have been through many tough choices and in so many ways have I hurt and have been hurt by people, and I think the enemy thought that if he can recreate a prior event in my life, I will fall like before. What he did not expect is that my faith will just get stronger and my trust will be in God waiting patiently for His answer. Even though the day that lies ahead of me still holds many uncertainties and many tough decisions I am sure that God is with me as He has been all my life. I will not be discouraged by the enemy trying to bring me down, but instead I will have more courage and I will be more focussed as I am humbled by God’s love.

My dear friend, do not turn away from God when your hearts are attacked by evil trying to destroy your faith. Be faithful in God to the end and you will share in all that belongs to Jesus. But most of all you will have freedom, peace and love that will keep you focused on God and it will strengthen your faith. And remember to forgive people and to ask for forgiveness, it will only bring you closer to God.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus.

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...