Monday 9 July 2012

Today Reminder - 09 July 2012 (Insults)

My prayer for you for today is that you will bless each and every person you meet, in Jesus name.

1 Peter 3:9
Don't repay evil for evil. Don't retaliate with insults when people insult you. Instead, pay them back with a blessing. That is what God has called you to do, and He will bless you for it.

Insults - Don't repay evil for evil. One of the hardest things to do is to bless someone when they insult you. Reading this scripture form Peter this morning I can’t help letting my mind once again return to the capture and crucifixion of Jesus.  He remained calm and accepted all the insults knowing that He did not do what He was accused of. When looking at myself I think I am not even close to that, I am quick to get angry and certainly will not let an insult pass me by without returning one. This is how this world has changed us, it is what we see as accepted by society and it is shown on television as the way to react. We are under constant influence from the world that we live in. It is so much easier to hate than to love.

My dear friend, Jesus is the example we must follow. He is the blueprint that we must implement in our own lives. I believe that love can change the world, I believe that a nice word in the place of an insult can change hearts, I believe that keeping calm when you would normally explode can turn the tides and calm the storm, I believe that all changes must start with me.
"If you want to enjoy life and see many happy days, keep your tongue from speaking evil and your lips from telling lies. Turn away from evil and do good. Search for peace, and work to maintain it.
The eyes of the Lord watch over those who do right, and His ears are open to their prayers. But the Lord turns His face against those who do evil."
(Verse 10-12)

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...