Friday 27 July 2012

Today Reminder - 27 July 2012 (I am writing)

My prayer for you for today is that will have a peaceful and blessed day and that all your battles will be won, in Jesus name.

1 John 2:12-13
I am writing to you who are God's children because your sins have been forgiven through Jesus. I am writing to you who are mature in the faith because you know Christ, who existed from the beginning. I am writing to you who are young in the faith because you have won your battle with the evil one.

I am writing - I am writing to you who are God's children. I have always loved the saying “Determination today leads to success tomorrow”. With the Olympic Games starting in just a few days I can’t help but to think of all the hard work in preparation and training that went into this. How people will exceed their own limitations and make the impossible seems so easily achievable, through dedication and perseverance. I imagine all the dreams of Olympic medals in the minds of so many athletes, and yet there can be only one winner. I think of how passion and love builds determination and that giving up is not an option. I can just imagine the anxiety and nervous fear that pulses through their veins as they eagerly await their events. 

My dear friend, I am writing to you who are God’s children living in victory for your sins are forgiven. I am writing to you so that you will rise up a champion for God determined and inspired. We are all athletes competing in the Olympic games of life, each one of us is slowly preparing for their individual event. Do not let fear hamper your performance, but know the secret to your success – you are not competing to defeat your rivals, you are competing to defeat your own self. If we overcome the limitations of our own mind we will become invincible champions. 

The secret to success is not in who or what you are, but in the essence of your faith driven by passion and determination. It is in knowing who God is and implementing that knowledge into your life. It is on this solid foundation that you will be steadfast and headstrong looking ahead with victory in your hands.

I am writing to you, because then you will become a gold medallist, a true champion…

Have an awesome day

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...