Tuesday 7 June 2016

Today Reminder – 7 June 2016



A reminder for today
We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love. (Romans 5:3-5)

This is such an amazing verse. Paul writes that we can rejoice when we run into problems and trials. They help us to develop endurance. Endurance is the ability to endure an unpleasant or difficult process or situation without giving way. He also writes that our problems develop strength of character and this strengthens our hope of salvation.

So to run into difficulties and problems means that we learn to focus more directly on God to help us with our mind set so that we can stay on our journey. Our focus on God creates hope in us for we know that this time here is only temporary and the reward for enduring our trials is far greater than what this world has to offer. We know how much God loves for in us lives the Holy Spirit that keeps us strengthened so that we will not give up.

I do not know your situation, my friend, but I do know we are all facing one or another challenge each day. I know that we will always be under attack, because the enemy wants us to fall. I know that our God loves us dearly and that He will never let the enemy get the better of us. I know that when my hope is on God I have no more fears and that there is nothing that can make me fall.

Stand with me, my friend and let us develop endurance as we live and follow our Lord, Jesus Christ.

Lord help us to stay focussed on you and give us the courage and strength to face all our challenges and never fail. In Jesus name.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...