Thursday 27 July 2017

Today Reminder (Forward) – 27 July 2017



A reminder for today
Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God. (1 John 4:15)

There is one constant we can be certain of and that is that life is full of challenges. Yesterday our company announced that they will not pay bonusses this year due to our poor performance. Now in our case this is quite a blow, because both me and my wife works at the same company and this year was a year with a number of unexpected expenses that created a nice debt that we now sit with. It meant we had to cancel our holiday for December which I looked forward too. 

Now, immediately the enemy seizes the moment and despair creeps in. Fear gets a nice hold, because what of the debt that will now only increase due to interest. What do you do when you look at this and you cannot see now you will ever get out of this. 

I got up this morning still a little edgy and uncertain of what to do. Then the Lord came in this morning and He decide that we should write about His solution. The Lord has made it clear in many circumstances and many previous blogs that He is with me. He has been with me through every challenge I faced and He carried me through each one. He reminded me that His grace is enough and His love exceeds all my troubles. He also reminded me that He is greater than the biggest problem I could ever face. He showed me His love in the eyes of my two boys and He confirmed again that He is my God and I have nothing to worry about. He reminded me that we do not need much and that we have more than enough. He also confirmed that He is in control and that He has this one. He made it clear that He has a plan with everything and He will take my worst and turn it into my best. 

So, the Holy Spirit says that we should keep moving forward and stop holding on to our fear. In God, we cannot be afraid, because His majesty surpasses all fear and His mercy exceeds all our burdens. So, I will not fall into despair, in fact I will rise again and shout out His praises, because our God is an almighty God and He is bigger than the world and all its challenges. 

Lord, thank you for reminding us again who you are and that we should stop fearing and start trusting. In Jesus name. 

Have an awesome day, dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...