Friday 11 August 2023

Today’s Journal (Closer to God) – 11 Augustus 2023

Our journey in life should be one that we journey with God. God has a loving desire to spend time with you. Now Jesus set the bar when He was on earth. He prayed daily and spend a lot of time prayer with God the Father. You see Jesus knew that His time here was by design and God had a plan with His time here. He needed to keep aligning His purpose with the will of God.

Jesus said in Matthew 6:” But when you pray, go away by yourself, shut the door behind you, and pray to your Father in private.” 

Every day we should work to get closer to God so that we can hear His voice clearly and not derail ourselves from His plan. How do we do this? How do we get closer to God?

For me it comes down to three simple things:

Firstly, I read His word and I meditate on it. I love to take a verse and see what other would write about it and finally allow the Holy Spirit just to unfold it into my daily life and into my journey with Him.

Secondly, I memorise the Word so that I can react by using it as my defence against the enemy but mostly so that I can remember God’s promises and His encouragement by His Word.

Lastly, I suggest that you surround yourself with Godly people. I have two friends that are God sent into my life and the input and prayers is just amazing.

Today I just pray that you will have a insatiable or unstoppable need to spend more time with our Father and that you will miraculously find more time to spend in His Word and with Him.

Have an amazing day.

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...