Tuesday 22 August 2023

Today’s Journal (Emptiness) – 22 Augustus 2023

I find myself in probably in one of the most challenging times in my life and I am struggling to understand what God wants from this. My budget is so depleted at the moment that to make my month I have to walk to work. Today was my first walk and I tell you it is much further than it looks plus I totally miscalculated the time to walk the distance so I was late for work.

Then to add to my mishap I am so tired today and my knees are so sore. I am sitting here contemplating how am I going to keep this up. On my walk this morning the Holy Spirit kept putting these words into my head: For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. 

This is Paul and I have to give you the full context of it because you will be so surprised when you hear the rest of my testimony.

How I praise the Lord that you are concerned about me again. I know you have always been concerned for me, but you didn’t have the chance to help me. Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have. I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. Even so, you have done well to share with me in my present difficulty (Philippians 4:10-14).

Paul writes here to say thank you to the church in Philippi for their help and concern and he mentions how he has learned to be content with what he has. He goes on to say how he learned the secret to live with almost nothing or with everything and then he says that you can do everything through Christ who gives us strength.

In the midst of my crises, I get a phone call and someone I least expected called and said they will help me until I am back on my feet again. How amazing is our God and how great is his faithfulness.

My dear friend, do not stop fighting and do not stop praising. This was Paul and in the midst of his tribulations he praised God. He lived with almost nothing and still praised God. Do not stop to speak to God and to spend your time in prayer. Do not stop to give thanks and do not give up. It will change and it will get better.

Have a great day.

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...