Tuesday 15 August 2023

Today’s Journal (Fruit) – 15 Augustus 2023

Anger is ultimately a happiness thief. Paul wrote in Galatians that anger and outbursts of anger are the type of things that can keep you from inheriting the kingdom of heaven. He goes on to say that love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control are the fruit that the Holy Spirit produces in our lives and ultimately these are the qualities that not only gets you to inherit the kingdom of heaven, but it will produce far more victories in your life than you could ever imagine.

The enemy is cunning, and he knows what will keep you from God’s promises and anger, jealousy and envy are tools that he uses easily, specifically if you are vulnerable in these areas.

Personally, I believe that these reactions have root causes that is deeply imbedded in your mind. Maybe someone said something to you in your childhood that is a trigger point that immediately makes you angry when you hear it of see it or however it occurred.

When these bad fruits seem to have an unbreakable grip on you, you need to ask God to help you identify the root of this behaviour. Once you realise what causes this it is actually quite easy to destroy.

For example, I had an issue with a word that was said to me when I was a child and the feeling of worthlessness that was caused in my childhood flared up when it is spoken even if not directed at me. I got upset and I would be angry on the spot.

Identifying the event in my childhood and the person and then releasing it broke the grip the enemy had with this. In fact, I not only forgave but prayed prosperity over this person which is directly in contrast to what the enemy wants. The result, freedom from the world and the lies the enemy tells.

In essence you are never what the enemy wants you to think of yourself, in fact you are a creation of the Almighty God and He made you perfect in every way, regardless of your so-called flaws.

I am not perfect, and I make mistakes every day, but I will not allow the enemy to use words from another person to create an altered image of who God wants me to be. Every day I learn from God and implement His word into my life. This to me will be a lifelong journey, but most importantly I seek God first before I allow the world to dominate my thoughts.

My prayer for you is that you will truly see yourself as God sees you and know that you are loved regardless of your mistakes and what you think of yourself. Allow the Holy Spirit to be your guide and to be the only influence in your thoughts and decisions.

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...