Thursday 12 January 2012

Today Reminder - 12 January 2012


My prayer for you for today is that you will know and remember the gifts God so freely gives us each day. In Jesus Name.

1 Corinthians 1:4
I always thank my God for you and for the gracious gifts he has given you, now that you belong to Christ Jesus.

Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re going to get. I believe that to give brings us so much closer to God. For me each day is a gift from God, each moment that we have together and each message I write to you is a gift from God. Beyond that God gave us His son and then He sends the Holy Spirit to be our comforter. I think that we sometimes do not know what we have. It is much like the early settlers finding a beautiful stone here in Pretoria and though that it is nice rock not knowing they had a diamond. When Jesus told His disciples that He must go so that He can send someone like Him to them and it is better for them that way, they waited patiently. When the Holy Spirit came they began to do unbelievable things. But what I think we all miss is the part where Jesus says it is someone like Him. In you there is someone like Jesus – this is where I go… Wow! Yet we are just like the next person, in some cases non-believers seems happier than what we are. There is an all-powerful God living in you ready to give you limitless power, you are given one of the greatest gifts anyone can ever have. The early disciples didn’t know the Holy Spirit, they learned as they walked with Him. Let’s take time and get to know the Holy Spirit so that we can fully understand who He is so that we can have His peace and joy in our lives. I pray that God and the Holy Spirit will guide us in this process as we become more and more familiar with His power and His voice in our lives. 

I will not be intimidated by a temporary world, temporary problems and temporary pain. I will be influenced by an awesome God, a loving Son and an amazing Spirit.

Today is going to be a beautiful day again. Have a great day friend of Jesus.

Cheers.


The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...