Tuesday 24 January 2012

Today Reminder - 24 January 2012


My prayer for you for today is that you will train your spirit so that you can run the race of life with endurance and succeed to gain the eternal prize. In Jesus Name.

1 Corinthians 9:23-27
I do everything to spread the Good News and share in its blessings.
Don't you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win! All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing. I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified.

A healthy body hosts a healthy mind. I must admit I love to exercise. I love to train until my body is tired and I reached my limits. I might be a little fanatic in that sense but before my day starts I spend time with God, this is our quiet time. It is a special time of the day that I reserve for Him in prayer. This is my time I exercise my spirit. I believe that training your spirit is just as important as training your body. I find that in the challenges of life a healthy body alone cannot withstand the continuous battle that the spirit faces. You need you train your spirit so that it can endure these attacks and carry you through. Exercise without a goal can be a torture, and it will destroy your motivation. In the same sense exercising your spirit without a goal can be a challenge. To motivate myself I have a number of goals that I want to achieve physically and spiritually. I exercise my spirit to reach a closer and more intimate relationship with God and ultimately winning the eternal prize – eternal life. But not only do I spend time fighting my own battles but I carry the battles of my loved ones, my colleagues and you and I bring them to the Lord. So to sum it up, not only my personal gain but also the success of those around me motivates me to get up every morning and spend time in prayer. I love this quote: “Determination today, leads to success tomorrow.” Believe me when I say I have seen that in practice many times. Don’t give up in your daily exercise, the prize is much greater than the effort.

While I am sitting here writing to you it started to rain outside and I am once again in awe.  What a wonderful God we worship. Rain cleanses the world much like the Holy Spirit cleans the body. Let it rain in your spirit today as the Holy Spirit helps you to clear away and clean the areas where it is needed. My prayers are with you, friend of Jesus.

Have a wonderful day.

Cheers.

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...