Tuesday 17 January 2012

Today Reminder - 17 January 2012


My prayer for you for today is that you will hear the Spirit as God reveals His thoughts to you. In Jesus Name.

1 Corinthians 2:10-12
But it was to us that God revealed these things by His Spirit. For His Spirit searches out everything and shows us God's deep secrets. No one can know a person's thoughts except that person's own spirit, and no one can know God's thoughts except God's own Spirit. And we have received God's Spirit (not the world's spirit), so we can know the wonderful things God has freely given us.

Telephones. Don’t you just love this awesome device they call the cell phone. I remember when I was young we had these old phones with a shared line. When they called you, you had to listen for a certain ring then you knew the call was for you. When I went to high school I had my first encounter with an automatic phone. This was the first time I could dial a number and I did not have to ask for a number through a switch board. But still I remember how this old switch board operator was quite an advantage for us. My parents owned a shop on their farm and they were either home or at the shop, so when I dialled our area code from my hostel I could ask our operator where my mom is, and she always knew where they were. She knew us well, so while I was waiting for her to find my mom she would ask how we were doing and chatted with me while she was putting me through. The Holy Spirit to me is a lot like that. He is the operator that connects us to God’s thoughts and talks to us while we are working or driving or even sleeping. With this amazing Spirit in us we can know God’s thoughts, and I must admit thinking about that is giving me goose bumps. We have a direct link to God. Let’s quiet out the noise of this world and let the Holy Spirit reveal God’s thoughts to us. I know this can be scary, because we might not all be ready for what God wants us to do. I pray that the Holy Spirit will give you strength to boldly follow and do God’s will as He reveals it to you. God will put you in the right place and on the right path, have faith and trust Him.

Another beautiful day given to us by a loving Father. Have an awesome day friend of Jesus, my prayers are with you.

Cheers.

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...