Friday 29 June 2012

Today Reminder - 29 June 2012 (Obedient)

My prayer for you for today is that you will live God’s children, holy and obedient – in Jesus name.

1 Peter 1:13-16
So think clearly and exercise self-control. Look forward to the gracious salvation that will come to you when Jesus Christ is revealed to the world. So you must live as God's obedient children. Don't slip back into your old ways of living to satisfy your own desires. You didn't know any better then. But now you must be holy in everything you do, just as God who chose you is holy. For the Scriptures say, "You must be holy because I am holy."

Obedient - "You must be holy because I am holy." I guess old habits die hard. It is so easy for us to slip back into our old ways and disobey the will of God. How easy it for us to let our emotions take control of our decisions and lead us astray from the path that God wants us to follow. How many times do we not seek our own desire instead of that which God wants us to do? 

Peter reminds us here that we should not slip back into our old ways but we must live holy in everything we do. Jesus said that we must be holy because He is holy. The spirit of God that dwells within us makes us holy. In God your whole identity has changed and the person you were is no more. You are a child of God living as an ambassador of His grace filled with His spirit so that you can be holy just as He who is in you is holy. 

My dear friend, in everything that we do we must seek God’s will and satisfaction. In the end I want God to be proud of me, not my friends. In the end I want God to uplift me and not the people of this world. In the end it is all about Him and not about me… so live today to be holy and seek God's desires for you

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus
Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...