Sunday 23 February 2014

Today Reminder – 24 February 2014 (Day 16 – Love is…)



A reminder for today
Let the whole world fear the LORD, and let everyone stand in awe of him. (Psalm 33:8)

Love is hugs and kisses… When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things.

I think that this love theme has been quite educational and at times much needed. I fear that we might confuse the importance of love with the understanding of the origin. It is once again important that we remember that God invented love and for us to completely love we must remember who God is and I can only stand in awe when I think of the wonders that He brings into my life. It is my goal to know more of Him and to fear Him correctly.

I want to end this theme this week by brining short love moments to you. I do hope that you enjoy them as much as I did. 

Today, my dad came home with roses for my mom and I. “What are these for I asked?” He said that several of his coworkers were complaining about their wives and children today. He realized how lucky he was that after 20 years of marriage, and raising a daughter for the last 17 years, he still had nothing to complain about.

Today, when I asked my grandfather for some relationship advice, he said, “Honestly, the moment I stopped trying to find the right woman, and started trying to become the right man, your grandmother walked up to me and said, ‘Hello.’”

Today, it’s been over ten years since I was a bag boy at a local grocery store. On Sunday mornings I held the front door open for our customers and greeted them. One particular older woman loved me for it. She actually told me on several occasions that one day I would make a lovely husband. This afternoon, I walked into that grocery store holding my wife’s hand and the same old woman was on her way out. She held the door for us, winked and said, “I told you so.”

Today, my mom and dad are recovering heroin addicts. They still go to their support groups, but both of them have been clean for 17 years, since the day they found out my mom was pregnant with me.

Today, I helped make food for the homeless. The man I was giving the sandwich to said he didn’t want it. I asked why and he pointed to his friend behind him and said, “I want the birthday boy here to have two sandwiches on his special day. It’s the only gift I have to give.” His friend was elated. People who have nothing and still give.

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...