Wednesday 26 February 2014

Today Reminder – 26 February 2014 (Day 18 – Love is…)



A reminder for today
We put our hope in the LORD. He is our help and our shield. In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name. Let your unfailing love surround us, LORD, for our hope is in you alone. (Psalm 33:20-22)

Love is understanding… All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely.

As we start to love as God intended us to love we will understand more and accept more. We will be open to see clearly and love completely, just as God completely loves us. We will put our hope in God as it is supposed to be and with this God will help us and be our shield. Our love is fragile and God’s shield is so important in this time. God’s unfailing love will surround us and we will be strong even when the winds are howling past us and the storms of live thunders over us.

Let us put our hope in the Lord alone. We cannot trust God and worry, we can only do one. So trust God and leave your worries for Him. Let His love surround you as you love with faith.

Here is more food for thought:

Today, while playing with my 20-month-old daughter, I pretended to be sleeping. She covered me with a blanket, patted my back, then kissed me gently on the mouth - which is exactly what I do when I tuck her in at night. How closely our children watch us, and what they learn from our actions.

Today, at the nursing home I work at, I watched an elderly couple eat together as they do everyday. They have been married 63 years. She had a stroke and can’t stand, eat, talk or do anything for herself. He doesn’t need to live in a nursing home, but he does just to be with her. Everyday he eats his food, feeds her, and sits next to her looking at her like he must have the day they were married. His unconditional, undying love and loyalty.

Today, I was behind a bigger guy and his wife in line for a rollercoaster. They seemed to have come with a big group of people, but I could tell he was nervous. When he fit it into the cart tears rolled down his cheeks and the entire group started cheering. It turns out he just lost 100 pounds and hasn’t been able to ride a rollercoaster for 12 years. Every person around him were his friends and they were there to support him.

Today, in a little African village where I volunteer as a nurse, I passed out food to hungry children. And since I knew her only food for the day was the slice of wheat bread I had just given her, I did not let her see me cry when she tore the slice in two and gave the bigger half to her little brother.

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...