Tuesday 25 February 2014

Today Reminder – 25 February 2014 (Day 17 – Love is…)



A reminder for today
The LORD looks down from heaven and sees the whole human race. (Psalm 33:13)

Love is thoughts…  Now we see things imperfectly, like puzzling reflections in a mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity.

Now we see imperfect but then we will see with perfect clarity. I tell you that these words keep me in wonder so often. I realise that we see unclear as we are so often blinded by a world that continues to try and change our perceptions with all the wrong things. I can’t help but to feel sorry for those still in worldly chains chasing after material things and the admiration of people. I have so often wondered what it will look like when we see with perfect clarity and all suddenly make sense.

I believe that everything has a purpose and that all things happen to take us on our journey towards Jesus and for the very purpose that we were designed for. Oh how I long to see clearly. Each day we travel on the roads of life and we miss so much, how wonderful would it be if we could see all. And then there are these words: The LORD looks down from heaven and sees the whole human race.

I am once again just stumped and back in my place. God sees all, knows all and is all. He is right here, right now. I don’t know how to emphasise that fact more. He sees you and sees who you are – truly! Why bother with the world? Why worry about this world and its ideas? Why are you concerned with what people think, when He sees all and knows all? It is all about Him and all for Him. He is our middle point, our focus and our reality. We do not live by the boundaries of the world. We are holy for He that lives in us makes us holy and therefore we are not subject to the world. We do not love with worldly love but with His unlimited love. We are so much more that you can ever imagine, because He makes us more.

I thought I’ll give you some food for thought:

Today, my son looked down at his step-dad's casket and said, “I always knew I loved him, but I didn’t realize how much I did until today.”

Today, after spending 29 years being self-conscious of being a 6’1 tall woman, and thus being taller than most of the guys I've dated, I fell in love and married a guy in a wheelchair. And I've never felt more like myself.

Today, after nearly 10 years without a single coherent word spoken, my deaf daughter hugged me tight and said, “I love you mommy!”

Today, the very first homeless man we assisted at our shelter and soup kitchen is now the head chef and director of community affairs.

Today, my son said he had moved on from his mom’s passing, who died from a stroke five years ago, but as he stared at the spot on the kitchen floor where she died, I knew he hadn't.

Today, I watched the old video footage my dad filmed at the beach before he started the chemo 5 years ago. And about 20 minutes into it I suddenly realized that he was filming the beach simply because it was the last time he would ever see it again.

Today, before I burned it in our fireplace, I re-read the suicide note I wrote five years ago, and instantly began crying with tears of joy… thankful that my best friend, who’s now my wife, showed up at my front door that day to tell me she was worried about me.

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...