Thursday 1 December 2016

Today Reminder – 1 December 2016



A reminder for today
That's why I work and struggle so hard, depending on Christ's mighty power that works within me. (Colossians 1:27)

It is December. The year is basically at its end. It’s been a hard year with tough challenges and many difficult battles. But the Lord remains constant as He guides us through each one. He gives us power and strength to carry on in the midst of our hardest moments. South Africa has become a battle field where the enemy rises up in all forms to destroy us. Our country is flooded with violence and hate crimes. Rape and murder is an every day occurrence and so is abuse. Drugs has taken so many wonderful people and our economy is crumbling. When you hear about these things you are still a little distant from truly understanding, but the minute it affects someone close to you it changes you. When 13 men brutally attacks a farmer and a young boy shoots your mother for a box of magazines and an old tablet, it changes you. When someone close to you is attacked and raped, it changes you. That positive outlook is suddenly replaced by anger and hate. Your good heart turns into a heart of stone. For some this Christmas will be a joyous occasion and for some it will be a painful and heart breaking month. Some will meet Christ for the first time and some will wonder if He abandoned them. This world is a terrible place and how do you explain the love of Jesus to someone that has gone through such a terrible ordeal? How do you show Jesus when your heart is a place of hate and anger?

There are so many questions that we cannot answer nor do we have the insight to understand God’s reason for allowing such terrible things to happen. What can we do? That is why I work and struggle so hard to make you hear the voice of God. To make you stand up and to stop you from giving up. I write to encourage you and show you how the mighty power of Christ works within me. I have seen and experienced the enemy at his worst and I am still faithful and I still give Him my heart. This Christmas is just the beginning of a time of change when God starts to move. The year ahead is going to be a year where the Lord will bring forth new hero’s like you and me as we stand on His foundation and help those so desperately in need of Him. Do not give up but keep your head high and stand with me as we fight the enemy. The time of the Lord is coming and the end of satan is near. Be strong and courageous, my friend and hold on. Do not allow the enemy to destroy your soul. They may hurt our bodies and destroy our land, but they will never take our heart and souls. This body and this world is temporary. When the Lord returns all these bad people will meet their fate.

So today, I pray that you do not give up and I pray that the Lord will let His power work through you. I pray that you will be safe during this festive season and that you will hear the Lord when He warns you and guides you. In Jesus name.

Tomorrow is our big move and then I am taking a little time of. So you will not hear from me for a few days as I take my family to the seaside. I will be back soon and I will talk to you again on the 16th. Be safe, my friend and be careful and responsible. May the power of our Lord enclose you so that the enemy will fear you.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...